Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Getting in the Spirit

Ding jingaling, jingaling, jing!  I'm in the spirit!  I dreaded this past weekend--the annual (drag out the crates and "trim" the tree, house and everything that gets in the way) decorating weekend.  More negative than usual this year...I'm also thinking about how can I afford the gifts I need to buy.  Certainly I can't afford a decorating service like so many neighbors have.

Saturday morning comes along, and the Spirit of the Season apparently crept into me as I slept.  Up I get and off I go, gleefully to our storage area...happily I start on the outside, my wife and our daughter on the interiors...I pitch-in on that too, during some outdoor attention deficit moments. Check this out...
I put 1,347,989 lights on that little tree at our entry. Well, at least that's my estimate.  I can tell you that I returned to the bargain store twice and loaded up on lights for both the inside and out.  NEIGHBORS, you missed out!  I cannot tell you how much fun I had.  You should be envious of me...professional installations aren't near as much fun.  By the way, my super duper wife, begged the reindeer off of some guy, whose house she passed and thought he had too many! Hohoho (rather than LOL) He agreed!

If you think I am kidding you're wrong.  I've even tuned my satellite music to a couple of happening Christmas stations. I have never understood things of Spirit, but I'm in the grip.

Happy Holiday Season Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment