Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Untangling

Remember this photo?  Yep, that little tree on the right is the one of which I was so proud of it's decoration (and my work) a few weeks ago. I bragged then that it held at my estimate ONE MILLION plus lights.

Yesterday, my son and I began to remove those million lights. You may find this hard to believe, but it was unbelievably challenging.  I would have sworn that I just utilized a ladder to reach the top...but either I rented a "cherry picker" or the tree grew a foot or two!

My dedication to the "million points of light" created a tangle that rivaled a wire haired terrier's coat in appearance! The reindeer were removed before the de-decorating began. I wanted no audience whatsoever for this wrap of the season. Even still, distant chuckles could be heard regularly.

Nonetheless, another seasonal accomplishment was finally completed.  I even sorted the crates, to move Easter's equipment to the front of our storage barn.  I'm the poster child for organization for early 2013!  Happy New Year every one...may your days ahead not be tangled, and may you shine brightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment