Wouldn't be awesome if healthcare facilities felt more like resorts or at least cool hotels? Well, the good news is it is beginning to happen all over the world. Healing as a process progresses better in better environments for the patients and their families. Not a breakthrough, thought, right? It's, like well yeah! Figuring out how to do it is another story. Let me tell you, the team that put this project together up near Princeton, NJ, got it right!
The owners and operators at Capital Health turned to the programming and project development professionals at Anchor Health Properties. Paula Crowley and her team led a collaborative design and construction project that by all accounts is one of the best projects in this category EVER!
Bistro, spa, coffee bars, quality and varietal dining, are part of the "hospitality feel" that is so evident. Medical office suites neatly connected to acute care and outpatient services, private entrances and gardens for oncology patients, on and on it goes. Water features, parks, children's indoor and outdoor entertainment areas AND multiple "things to do" venues for everyone. (Guess what, it keeps the loved ones around more...yep, aiding in the healing process.)
Here is the part that got me...the art collection and murals (all wisely chosen) and benefactors cited for each piece, which of course made it all possible. I said "if I need a healthcare procedure, I'm coming here, and I refuse to be an outpatient!" I want at least two days to spend in the museum like collections on every floor!" The place is incredible. Hat's off to HKS Architects and Array Healthcare Facilites Solution, particularly Shane Williams and Marsha Whitt.
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment